Re: Where does kernel/resource.c.1 file come from?

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Tue Jul 25 2006 - 11:13:35 EST

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 03:54:45PM +0200, Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm playing around with my local copy of linux-2.6 git tree. I'm building
> everything to a separate directory using O= to keep "git status" silent.
>
> After building I sometimes find a file kernel/resource.c.1 in my git tree that
> doesn't really belong there. Who is generating this file, for what reason and
> why doesn't it get created in my output directory?

I have never seen this myself so a bit puzzled???
Is it only kernel/resource.c that generates the .1 file - or is it
somethign that is general?
Can you also try to make sure that this file is generated as part of the
build process. git status before and after should do it.

If you can relaiably provoke it output of make V=1 would be usefull.

Sam