Re: fs/binfmt_elf.c:maydump()

From: Daniel Jacobowitz
Date: Thu Apr 06 2006 - 18:15:31 EST

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 02:03:57PM -0700, David S. Miller wrote:
> Yes, this means we might hit the core dump limits quicker but we
> shouldn't be doing anything which makes less debugging information
> than necessary available. Software development is hard enough as
> it is right? :)

> - /* If it hasn't been written to, don't write it out */
> - if (!vma->anon_vma)
> - return 0;
> -

Isn't this, um, a little more extreme than what you really want?
What goes into coredumps with this patch applied? I bet it includes
the complete text segments of every executable and shared library
involved in the link. You're going to need those if you want to debug,
anyway.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery