Re: [klibc] Re: Merge strategy for klibc

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Mon Mar 20 2006 - 16:14:46 EST

Al Viro wrote:
On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 11:54:01AM -0800, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

Okay, as of this point, I think klibc is in quite good shape; my
testing so far is showing that it can be used as a drop-in replacement
for the kernel root-mounting code.

That being said, there is guaranteed to be breakage, for two reasons:

a. There are several architectures which don't have klibc ports yet.
Since I don't have access to them, I can't really do them, either.
It's usually a matter of an afternoon or less to port klibc to a
new architecture, though, if you have a working development
environment for it.

Which ones?

This is the status of architectures in klibc, at least as far as I know.

Note that 64-bit architectures which have 32-bit fallback modes (e.g. MIPS) can use the 32-bit klibc if applicable.

alpha: Working
arm-thumb: Untested
arm: Working
arm26: Not yet ported