Re: Areca RAID driver remaining items?

From: erich
Date: Thu Feb 23 2006 - 01:25:21 EST

Dear Christoph Hellwig,

I have figure out your comments about "remove internal queueing" and "remove odd ioctl".
But about "hardware datastructures", areca's firmware spec is need to get a trunk of contingous memory space under 4G.
In 64bit platform arcmsr need to make sure all ccbs have same of ccb_phyaddr_hi32 physical address.
If arcmsr use dma_pool_alloc do a separate dma mapping.
Is there any method to avoid ccbs pool cross 4G segment?

- msi should be a module options if at all, but defintitly not
a config options

In some mainboard if I always enable msi function, it will cause system hang up.
If it is not a config option, do you have any idea to avoid this issue?

Best Regards
Erich Chen
----- Original Message ----- From: "Christoph Hellwig" <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>