Re: Geode LX HW RNG Support

From: Deepak Saxena
Date: Thu Dec 15 2005 - 17:47:04 EST

On Dec 15 2005, at 17:07, Jeff Garzik was caught saying:
> Andrew Morton wrote:

> >>I thought that a early version did that and somebody took exception to
> >>it, but I can't find any e-mails to that effect right now. Obviously,
> >>the defines are only useful when you have a Geode CPU (and thus a
> >>x86_32), so if nobody complains, I think that would be fine.
> >

> >Fair enough. Please send an update sometime.
> >
> >We might as well do s/__i386__/X86_32/ throughout that file - bit pointless
> >but it's a little bit more idiomatic.
>
> What about the rng rewrite recently posted? Any opinions on that?
>
> I lean towards applying it, long term, but IIRC there were problems that
> prevented immediate merge.

Looking at the thread from my 2nd attempt, the main thing holding it back
from -mm was splitting the VIA/AMD/Intel drivers into separate files but
as is often the case, -ETOOMANYPROJECTS. Will try to get to it sometime
early next year.

~Deepak

--
Deepak Saxena - dsaxena@xxxxxxxxxxx - http://www.plexity.net

For what are your possessions but things you keep and guard for fear
you may need them tomorrow. - Khalil Gibran, "The Prophet"