Re: Only one processor detected in 8-Way opteron in 32-bit mode

From: Bharath Ramesh
Date: Tue Dec 13 2005 - 21:01:54 EST

On 12/7/05, Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Bharath Ramesh wrote:
> > I have attached the kernel config. I will enable debugging and rebuild
> > the kernel soon and send in the latest dmesg soon.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Bharath
>
> I'm not at all an expert on x86_64, but I notice the NUMA is not set in
> this config, and I have a similar config from another post with DOES
> work, and it has NUMA on (four way only, dual dual-core).

I am not sure about it but the NUMA option comes up only when the ARCH
type is set to x86_64. For some reason when I set the ARCH type to x86
then the NUMA option is never present. NUMA is only associated with
x86_64 but I am not sure how it would work if I am trying to run
x86_64 processor in x86 mode.