Re: GNU/Linux in a binary world... a doomsday scenario

From: Luke-Jr
Date: Sun Dec 11 2005 - 22:03:56 EST

On Monday 12 December 2005 00:50, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:
> Richard M. Stallman wrote:
> >--text follows this line--
> > I would be happy to propose several changes in future revisions.
> > Let me know where, when, and what to provide. You can be assured
> > I'll provide some very excellent input on these issues.
> >
> >We accepting comments on the first public draft of GNU GPL v3 once it
> >is made public on Jan 16.
> >
> >See gplv3.fsf.org for more information about how this will work.
>
> You can be assured I will submit proposed changes. Something along the
> same lines as the CDDL. Needs to protect receivers of the code from IP
> claims

IIRC, something like that is planned (assuming you're talking about patents).

> and also needs to accomodate mixing of non-GPL components without
> contaminating add on modules and functionality.

That's the LGPL (Lesser GPL), not the GPL. The GPL's linkage clauses are by
design.
--
I digitally sign my emails. If you see an attachment with .asc, then that
means your email client doesn't support PGP digital signatures.