Re: GNU/Linux in a binary world... a doomsday scenario

From: Jeff V. Merkey
Date: Sun Dec 11 2005 - 20:15:40 EST

Richard M. Stallman wrote:

--text follows this line--
I would be happy to propose several changes in future revisions.
Let me know where, when, and what to provide. You can be assured
I'll provide some very excellent input on these issues.

We accepting comments on the first public draft of GNU GPL v3 once it
is made public on Jan 16.

See gplv3.fsf.org for more information about how this will work.

You can be assured I will submit proposed changes. Something along the same lines as the CDDL. Needs to protect
receivers of the code from IP claims and also needs to accomodate mixing of non-GPL components without
contaminating add on modules and functionality. I would use the GPL if it were more acceptable along these
lines. In case you haven't noticed, I don't have problem being outspoken, nor do I am subject to intimination
by the more vocal element of the FOSS community. I am using the CDDL at present but a revised and more
capitalism oriented GPL would certainly be welcome.

I'll sharpen my pencil.

Jeff