Re: RFC: ACPI/scsi/libata integration and hotswap

From: Matthew Garrett
Date: Fri Dec 09 2005 - 07:24:33 EST

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 07:16:43AM -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> libata will immediately notice the ejection without ACPI's help.

http://linux.yyz.us/sata/sata-status.html claims that ICH6 doesn't
support hotswap. The Intel docs seem to say the same thing. Pulling the
drive out generates an ACPI interrupt but not a PCI one. I'm really
happy to be wrong here, it's just that everything I've been able to find
so far suggests that ACPI is the only way to get a notification that the
drive has gone missing :)

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx