How to enable/disable security features on mmap() ?

From: Emmanuel Fleury
Date: Thu Dec 08 2005 - 09:10:46 EST

Hi,

For educational purpose (I'm teaching software security) I would like to
be able to compile several kernels with or without features such as:

* Non-executable stack
* Stack address randomization
* Environment address randomization (char **envp)
* Dynamic library randomization (cat /proc/self/map)

The idea is to run these kernels in UML mode in order for the students
to complete their exercises and to raise the security level as long as
the course is going further.

Just right now I'm using old versions of Distributions and this is not
really satisfactory (because the compilers have evolved).

So, is there a way to do such thing easily, or should I write patches by
myself ?

Regards
--
Emmanuel Fleury