Re: RFC: Starting a stable kernel series off the 2.6 kernel

From: John Kelly
Date: Tue Dec 06 2005 - 13:21:51 EST

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 14:27:58 +0100, Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

>On 2005-12-05T23:18:04, John Kelly <jakelly@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> My "distro" can't help me because I don't use a "distro." There are
>> plenty of users rolling their own, via linuxfromscratch, diy-linux, or
>> some other alternative.

>> We would benefit from your proposal.

>So stop whining and go fucking do it, one of you.

Does it annoy you that I don't use a "distro" Lars?

>Who, or what, is stopping you?

Adrian asked for comments. He can probably do it better than I can.

>The model works for the people currently doing it. You can't expect them
>to change because it would work better for _you_.

How did you infer that from my post?

>This is an Open Source world, so go eat your own dogfood.

I wonder why you have such a hostile attitude. Maybe the atmosphere
is not too happy at SUSE nowadays. It makes me glad I don't use your
"distro."