Re: Could not suspend device [VIA UHCI USB controller]: error -22

From: Michael Tokarev
Date: Sun Dec 04 2005 - 17:50:54 EST

Greg KH wrote:
On Sun, Dec 04, 2005 at 03:12:41AM +0300, Michael Tokarev wrote:

When I try to "standby" (echo standby > /sys/power/state)
a 2.6.14 system running on a VIA C3-based system with VIA
chipset (suspend to disk never worked on this system --
as stated on swsusp website it's due to the lack of some
CPU instruction on this CPU [but winXP suspends to disk
on this system just fine]), it immediately comes back, with
the above error message:

Can you try 2.6.15-rc4 or newer to see if that fixes this issue for you?

Yes, 2.6.15-rc4 restores previous functionality - the error in
$subject is now gone, and it seems the system goes to standby
as it should, without errors and 'standby process interruptions'.
Thanks.

With the only problem which was here all the time - it comes "back
to C" after less a secound all the disks/monitor/etc are placed
into sleep mode.. Ie,

..preparing for standby...
..hdd stops spinning..
..monitor is turned off..
..less-than-a-secound-pause..
Back to C!
..the system goes back, restoring interrupts etc...

I tried various 'wakeup' settings in bios, incl. turning everything
off in that menu - no difference.

The same behaviour is shown by all 2.6 kernels I tried so far
(since 2.6.6 or so).

BTW.. It looks like i should change the $subject now.. ;)

/mjt