Re: [patch 2.6.15-rc2] blk: request poisoning

From: Jens Axboe
Date: Mon Nov 21 2005 - 02:32:16 EST

On Mon, Nov 21 2005, Nick Piggin wrote:
> This patch should make request poisoning more useful
> and more easily extendible in the block layer.
>
> Don't think I have hardware that will trigger a requeue,
> but otherwise it has been moderately tested. Comments?

I like the idea, but I'm a little worried that it actually introduces
more problems than it solves. See the mail from yesterday for instance,
perfectly fine code but 'as' poisoning triggered.

And the merging bits already look really ugly :/

So I guess my question is, did this code ever find any driver problems?

--
Jens Axboe