Re: pcie_portdrv_probe->Dev has invalid IRQ. Check vendor BIOS (CK804)

From: Rajesh Shah
Date: Thu Nov 17 2005 - 18:26:54 EST

On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 10:05:14AM -0800, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> I've just booted on the last Fedora Devel kernel (2.6.14-1.1635_FC5,
> based on 2.6.14-git2) and my dmesg is now filled with:
>
> pcie_portdrv_probe->Dev has invalid IRQ. Check vendor BIOS
>
> messages.
>
> Should I worry ? Report it somewhere ? Attaching what info ?

I updated the corresponding bugzilla, repeating here for those
not watching bugzilla updates. This turned out to be a bogus
warning. The PCI express bridges on this machine do not
support any capabilities that require an interrupt (hotplug,
advanced error reporting). So, it's ok for the BIOS to not
report interrupt routing for the bridges.

I'll clean up the warning as part of the PCI express work I
expect to start soon.

Rajesh