Re: [linux-dvb-maintainer] Re: [OOPS] Linux 2.6.14.2 and DVB USB

From: Patrick Boettcher
Date: Tue Nov 15 2005 - 11:53:25 EST

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
If I could fix it in in dvb-usb, then it would be again only fixed for a
small amount of devices. For DVB-PCMCIA-cards using the default
fe-architecture will also cause Oopses like that, when unplugging while
having the device in use. That's why, IMHO, the dvb-core should be made
hotplug-safe, not a single driver. Even worse: it's not just the
frontend-device-nodes, but also the demux-nodes (and I think the other
onces too).

I agree. Could you post a summary of your conversation with Deti to
linux-dvb so someone else could start working on it?

Actually, that was the summary :). He said, it should be more generally done, I suggested him to look into dvbdev.c, then he said is too busy.

In one email he explained his mechanism to me, but you can understand it also by looking at his cinergy-patch, I think.

Patrick.