Re: [2.6 patch] i386: always use 4k stacks

From: Giridhar Pemmasani
Date: Mon Nov 14 2005 - 17:14:43 EST

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 22:33:57 +0000, Alan Cox <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

Alan> Switch stack before calling the Windows bits. If we take an IRQ then
Alan> the kernel will itself switch to its own IRQ stack for the IRQ
Alan> handling. I don't think there is much more required.

Shouldn't I have to prevent scheduler from changing the tasks when executing
Windows code? Otherwise, kernel gets wrong current thread information,
which is based on stack pointer. This is the stumbling block for implementing
private stacks.

Thanks,
Giri