Re: 2.6.14-mm1

From: Alexander E. Patrakov
Date: Fri Nov 11 2005 - 06:52:08 EST

I wrote:

Note that unlike with the previous kernels, the huge traffic is not reported on the ppp0 interface.

I was wrong. There are two failure modes, one with huge traffic and one without. Attached is a sample tcpdump of the failure mode with the huge traffic. If you know how to capture data going through the serial port, I will do this also.

I was wrong again. There is only one failure mode, with apparent huge traffic, but that traffic doesn't appear immediately after the keyboard bug. One more note: if a key is pressed when the bug manifests itself, it autorepeats in X indefinitely.

An archive that contains both the tcpdump and pppdump of the bug is available at:

http://ums.usu.ru/~patrakov/bad-dump.tar.bz2

Taken with commands:

pppd call motiv record ppp0.pppdump nodetach
tcpdump -i ppp0 -s 0 -w ppp0.tcpdump

Then irrelevant tails that consist of repeating packets were cut off by hand.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov