Re: [-mm patch] USB_LIBUSUAL shouldn't be user-visible

From: Pete Zaitcev
Date: Fri Nov 11 2005 - 04:32:53 EST

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 03:09:38 +0100, Adrian Bunk <bunk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What about my second suggestion to always use libusual in the two
> drivers instead of having two code paths in each of them?

I don't see how you would be able to mandate libusual, since it adds
(a small amount of) bloat. I foresee some distributions building without
it for years. Debian is likely to take such course.

We certainly can apply such a patch and tell all complainers to suck
it up, but I am not sure if that would be embraced by distro developers.
I do not want to risk anything that may derail acceptance into
Linus' tree.

-- Pete