Re: [ANNOUNCE] GIT 0.99.9g

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Thu Nov 10 2005 - 12:09:31 EST

Junio C Hamano wrote:

- Add git-lost+found. Currently the implementation stores
found refs under .git/lost+found/{commit,other}
directories, but writing out their object names to the
standard output and let the users decide what to do with
them was suggested on the list by Daniel, which makes sense
as well. There are pros and cons so until we know if it is
useful and if so in what form, it will not come out of "pu"
branch.

May I *STRONGLY* urge you to name that something different. "lost+found" is a name with special properties in Unix; for example, many backup solutions will ignore a directory with that name.

-hpa