Re: [ANNOUNCE] GIT 0.99.9g

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Thu Nov 10 2005 - 04:09:15 EST

Junio C Hamano wrote:
- One important newcomer is git-pack-redundant. It is still in
"pu" not because I doubt what it does is useful, but simply
because I have not had a chance to study how it does its
thing. I expect to fully merge it into "master" before 1.0
happens.

IMHO git-prune-packed should prune redundant pack files...

Oh, and we will not be moving things out of /usr/bin/ during 1.0
timeframe.

:( bummer. I do like the elegance of having /usr/bin/git executing stuff out of /usr/libexec/git.

/usr/libexec/git also makes it IMO cleaner when integrating git plugins from third parties (rpm -Uvh git-newfeature), because you don't have to worry about the /usr/bin namespace.

Jeff