Re: [ANNOUNCE] Ubuntu kernel tree

From: Greg KH
Date: Wed Nov 09 2005 - 17:35:16 EST

On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 06:12:16AM -0800, Ben Collins wrote:
> We're giving git a go just to see. It's all being done right there, I push
> directly to master.kernel.org (and also mirror it to a local machine where
> ubuntu devs can make better use of it).

I think over time, a set of patches and a clean kernel tree to apply
them to, is easier to handle. Especially with such excellent tools
availble to do this now (like quilt and patch-utils).

But good luck with this, it will be interesting to see how long you can
handle maintaining the kernel in this manner.

greg k-h