Re: ide-cs broken / udev magic

From: Damir Perisa
Date: Sat Nov 05 2005 - 08:03:49 EST

Le Saturday 05 November 2005 03:06, Richard Purdie a écrit :
| > > is there planed action to change ide-cs to work without making it
| > > being ignored ... without this exception that needs to be
| > > specified in udev rules?
| >
| > Yes, there are patches somewhere to fix this up, I'm trying to track
| > them down.

thanx for info + your work

| This is a bug in the ide layer as CF pcmcia devices are marked as
| removable but the devices (and the behaviour of ide-cs) does not fit
| the Linux definition of such devices.
|
| See this thread: http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/9/21/118

ah!... ok, now i understand more about that. what your patch is doing is
removing the "removable" status from them, right? what were the bad sides
of this patch? (why didn't it made to the linus or at least mm-tree?)

| I'm hoping to work out a patch to change this in a manner acceptable
| to everyone but haven't found time yet. I've not forgotten though.

if you need, i can test possible solutions. i have Apacer, Kodak and PQI
CF cards; SanDisk SD cards, a panasonic SD-to-CF convertor and a
CF-PCMCIA card.

greetings,
Damir

--