Re: New (now current development process)

From: Paul Jackson
Date: Mon Oct 31 2005 - 03:20:19 EST

Al Viro wrote:
> I do cross-builds for allmodconfig on a *lot* more targets than what you've
> mentioned

Apples to oranges, and half full versus half empty.

If Al is testing combinations that Andrew doesn't regularly test,
then Al might expect to find problems that Andrew didn't find.

Non-specific complaints that make it all sound too hard are
not particularly constructive. But then Al was trying for the
"particularly constructive" achievement award of the day ;).

I find that the defconfig crosstool builds of *-mm more or less always
work for the popular configurations. That meets my needs just fine.

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability