Re: what's next for the linux kernel?

From: Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
Date: Sun Oct 02 2005 - 18:32:39 EST

On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 11:49:57PM +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> Let's hope these posts will stop when the UK starts to allow serving
> drinks after 23:00. Post from half-drunk people that need to get a life
> don't really help a lot.

hi, christoph,

i assume that your global world-wide distribution of this message
was a mistake on your part. but, seeing as it _has_ gone out to
literally thousands of extremely busy people, i can only apologise
to them on your behalf for the mistake of wasting their valuable
time.

let's also hope that people who believe that comments such as the one
that you have made are useful and productive also think about the
consequences of doing so, bear in mind that internet archives are
forever, and also that they check whether the person that they are
criticising drinks at _all_.

personally, my average consumption of alcohol can be measured
as approx 1 bottle per decade. and i'm not talking meths.

if you don't like what i have to say, and don't want to listen,
even with a pinch of salt to me rambling, learn how to set
up a killfile, and use it. and think more before hitting the
reply-to-all button. key. whatever.

l.