Re: Drivers for Ricoh SD Card Reader

From: Alan Cox
Date: Sun Jul 31 2005 - 19:34:25 EST

On Iau, 2005-07-28 at 13:08 +0200, TomÃs NÃÃez Lirola wrote:
> Obviously, this answer is useless, but I don't know what to do now... Do
> you know if Ricoh has released specs before? Do you think IBM should have
> them?
>
> What would you do in my place? Which should be the next step?

IBM like to be Linux friendly when its in their interest, not always
merely when its in yours. Thinkpads can be really problematic in this
area. SD is even messier because SD is supposed to be very proprietary
and secret and other such garbage. Intel have published enough that
where the low level h/w interface is known we can do SD.

I'd say the chances of you gettig the SD on the thinkpad working are
probably very low unless its connected via the internal USB

Alan