Re: [RFC/PATCH 2.6.12-rc5 1/1] Framebuffer driver for Arc LCD board

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Mon Jun 06 2005 - 16:46:57 EST

jayalk@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I did this diff against
> rc5. Should I be doing it against -mm instead?

I generally prefer diffs against whatever is in -mm, mainly so we can see
what changed, and so that we can make sure that everyones fixups didn't get
lost.

If a patch has only been in -mm for a short period then a wholesale
replacement is OK. It gets a bit complex because people do insist on trying
to add lots of trailing whitespace to the tree and I do insist on thwarting
them, but I fix all that up.

In this case I got anal and turned your new patch into an incremental one ;)