deactivating PXA255 watchdog

From: Ian Campbell
Date: Thu Jun 02 2005 - 03:25:41 EST

Hi Wim,

I think you are the current "watchdog guy", although watchdog doesn't
have a MAINTAINERS entry so I'm looking at bk/lkml history etc and might
be mistaken...

I wrote to the the linux-arm-kernel mailing list recently with a query
because the sa1100_wdt code supports the writing 'V' to deactivate the
watchdog thing, but unfortunately once armed the hardware cannot be
deactivated.

I was going to produce a patch to remove the 'V' support and it was
suggested by Russell that I should ask for your opinion. Do you have a
preference with regards to offering a warning or error etc if a 'V' is
written?

My original message is below. I have had confirmation that the SA1100
has the same behaviour as PXA2xx from Nico.

Ian.

--
Ian Campbell, Senior Design Engineer
Web: http://www.arcom.com