Re: [CRYPTO]: Only reschedule if !in_atomic()

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 21:34:21 EST

Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Perhaps we should code this into the crypto API instead? For instance,
> we can have a tfm flag that says whether we can sleep or not.

Are you sure it's actually needed? Have significant scheduling latencies
actually been observed?

Bear in mind that anyone who cares a lot about latency will be running
CONFIG_PREEMPT kernels, in which case the whole thing is redundant anyway.
I generally take the position that if we're going to put a scheduling point
into a non-premept kernel then it'd better be for a pretty bad latency
point - more than 10 milliseconds, say.