Re: weird X problem - priority inversion?

From: Serge Noiraud
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 03:20:40 EST

Le lun 23/05/2005 à 09:55, Ingo Molnar a écrit :
> does this still occur with the latest tree? (.47-05 or later)
>
> Ingo
>
> * Lee Revell <rlrevell@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I am having a problem with the RT preempt kernels where xscreensaver
> > will cause the X server to consume excessive CPU, starving other
> > processes. This should not happen as xscreensaver runs at the highest
> > nice value. It seems that there's some kind of priority inversion
> > happening between the high prio X server and low prio xscreensaver.
> >
> > This seems like an X problem to me, but could the kernel be involved?
I have a problem with X too. It could be the same.

I have a test program which made a loop in RT to mesure the system perturbation.
It works finely in a tty environment.
When I run it in an X environment ( xterm ), I get something like if I click the Enter key.
If I open a new xterm, this is the active window which receive these events.
These events stop when the program stop.