Re: What breaks aic7xxx in post 2.6.12-rc2 ? (on amd64 ?)

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Mon May 16 2005 - 10:34:37 EST

On Mon, 16 May 2005, Grégoire Favre wrote:

> On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 05:03:56PM +0200, Jesper Juhl wrote:
>
> > Not me, it works perfectly here, but then I have different hardware (but
> > using the aic7xxx driver).
>
> You are lucky, maybe I should also mention that I am under x86_64 ?

Have you tried enabling some of the debug options and the options that
give you more verbose errors? That might help diagnose what wrong. Just a
guess, I don't know, but I'd try these options :

CONFIG_SCSI_CONSTANTS
CONFIG_SCSI_LOGGING
CONFIG_AIC7XXX_DEBUG_ENABLE
CONFIG_AIC7XXX_DEBUG_MASK
CONFIG_AIC7XXX_REG_PRETTY_PRINT

read the help for those options to see what they do and how to use them.

--
Jesper Juhl