Re: How to use memory over 4GB

From: Roberto Fichera
Date: Mon May 16 2005 - 08:20:17 EST

At 14.57 16/05/2005, Eric Dumazet wrote:

Roberto Fichera a écrit :
Hi All,
I've a dual Xeon 3.2GHz HT with 8GB of memory running kernel 2.6.11.
I whould like to know the way how to use all the memory in a single
process, the application is a big simulation which needs big memory chuncks.

AFAIK the best you can have with a 32bits processor, is 4GB for one process.

Yes! I know ;-)!

But still you need a 4GB/4GB user/kernel split, because the standard is 3GB/1GB.

Why I need 4GB/4GB split? What are the beneficts?

Eric

Roberto Fichera.