Re: DRI lockup on R200, 2.6.11.7

From: Ryan Richter
Date: Wed May 11 2005 - 11:26:39 EST

On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 09:22:36AM +0100, Dave Airlie wrote:
> On 4/26/05, foo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <foo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Using 2.6.11.7, I'm experiencing the same problem as reported here:
> > http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/3/12/99
> >
> > Except it happens for me after X is running. X locks up, only the mouse
> > pointer moves, X spins doing this:
> >
> > --- SIGALRM (Alarm clock) @ 0 (0) ---
> > rt_sigreturn(0xe) = -1 EBUSY (Device or resource busy)
> > ioctl(5, 0x6444, 0) = -1 EBUSY (Device or resource busy)
> > ioctl(5, 0x6444, 0) = -1 EBUSY (Device or resource busy)

Another one today, but it's a little different now. I got to see this
happen from the beginning today. A few minutes before the crash, 3D
operations become very slow. When X hangs, it's now doing this:

--- SIGALRM (Alarm clock) @ 0 (0) ---
rt_sigreturn(0xe) = -1 EBUSY (Device or resource busy)
ioctl(5, 0xc0406429, 0x7ffffffff490) = -1 EBUSY (Device or resource busy)
ioctl(5, 0xc0406429, 0x7ffffffff490) = -1 EBUSY (Device or resource busy)

It seems to only happen when there are two or more opengl programs
running. I killed X again, but the machine was still very slow.
Investigating, I found the two GL processes still running, both eating
lots of cycles. Before I could find out what they were doing, xdm
restarted X, which caused a machine reset. I know this because I was
(confusedly) stracing the new X as it was coming up. X was stat(2)ing
the video driver modules right before the reset...

-ryan