Re: [RFC/PATCH 0/5] add execute in place support

From: David Woodhouse
Date: Wed May 11 2005 - 11:23:52 EST

On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 17:33 +0200, Carsten Otte wrote:
> Indeed that seems reasonable. There is no exact reason to have
> this built into a kernel on a platform that does not have a bdev
> for this.

The sanest way to use flash chips is not to pretend that they're a block
device at all; rather to use a file system directly on top of them.

But although you _talk_ about block devices, your code does look like it
should be usable even by flash file systems. I'll try to come up with a
test case using it on flash.

--
dwmw2