Re: Real-Time Preemption: BUG initializing kgdb

From: hui
Date: Tue May 10 2005 - 17:00:48 EST

On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 02:34:54PM +0200, kus Kusche Klaus wrote:
> I tried to merge the kgdb and the rt patches (not too difficult, only
> three rejects, and they all look trivial). The resulting kernel
> compiles, boots, and works fine.
> Any hints or suggestions?

Revert all spinlock_t types that kgdb uses to raw_spinlock_t to get the
actual spinlock code. A compile trick matches up the right functions
with the struct definition so that changes to the kernel code is minimized.
The spinlock_t defintion in the RT patch is #defined to be a blocking lock
which is not what kgdb wants in order to be happy.

Also, make the interrupt handler setup uses SA_NODELAY or something like
that from my memory. The rest is relatively trivial.

Thanks for making the attempt. Somebody needed to do this a long time
ago. :)

bill