Re: [ACPI] Re: 2.6.12-rc1-mm4 and suspend2ram (and synaptics)

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Tue Apr 05 2005 - 10:38:40 EST

Hi,

On Tuesday, 5 of April 2005 17:01, Romano Giannetti wrote:

> > Same way to debug it, then.... try minimal drivers.
>
> Yes, the lifer of a kernel debugger is hard...
>
> Pavel, one question (maybe stupid, I am not at all an expert). Wouldn't be
> possible to add a printk when invoking and returning from suspend/resume
> methods of drivers, telling if they are specific or generic on? Maybe with
> the help of the serial console could be an aid to detect wich drivers are
> failing in that case.

The serial sonsole itself is disabled during suspend/resume, so you have to
hack the serial driver's suspend/resume routines to get any output on it
at that time. :-)

Anyway, if you want to put some debug printks somewhere, IMO a good place
to start is in resume_device() in drivers/base/power/resume.c or
in suspend_device() in drivers/base/power/suspend.c (actually, there already
is one, you only need to enable it).

Greets,
Rafael

--
- Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
- That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.