Re: [ACPI] Re: 2.6.12-rc1-mm4 and suspend2ram (and synaptics)

From: Norbert Preining
Date: Sun Apr 03 2005 - 17:47:22 EST

On Fre, 01 Apr 2005, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > I suspends fine, but never resumes. No CapsLock, no sysrq, no network is
> > working. Nothing in the log files. Is there anything which may cause
> > these troubles when compiled into the kernel and not loaded as module?
> > (as it was with my usb stuff until 2.6.11-mm2, after this I had to stop
> > hotplug, before I could go with usb running).
>
> Try suspend2disk, first, and try suspend2ram with minimal kernel
> config.

suspend2disk runs without any problem, even with X running.

it is only suspend2ram which stopped working after 2.6.11-mm4 (at least
in 2.6.12-rc1-mm3,4).

Concerning tests with minimal kernel config: I guess since it *was*
working there should not be a change necessary -- but well, from
2.6.11-mm2 to 2.6.11-mm4 I had to stop hotplug/usb to get ot working, so
maybe now I have to stop all the other things. Grrrr. This is not what I
want!

Isn't there a different way?

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at> Università di Siena
sip:preining@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx +43 (0) 59966-690018
DORRIDGE (n.)
Technical term for one of the lame excuses written in very small print
on the side of packets of food or washing powder to explain why
there's hardly anything inside. Examples include 'Contents may have
settled in transit' and 'To keep each biscuit fresh they have been
individually wrapped in silver paper and cellophane and separated with
corrugated lining, a cardboard flap, and heavy industrial tyres'.
--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff