Re: [RFC] Reliable video POSTing on resume (was: Re: [ACPI] SamsungP35, S3, black screen (radeon))

From: Adam Sulmicki
Date: Sun Feb 06 2005 - 21:10:34 EST

hi all,
I would like point to work done by Li-Ta Lo.

It allows you to completely initalize the VGA BIOS w/out using
PC BIOS at all.

http://www.clustermatic.org/pipermail/linuxbios/2005-January/010236.html

unforunatelly the information the web is somewhat sparse, but
you can get more info by following the archive of the
thread (which head I listed above) and perhaps by posting to
linuxbios mailing list (Ollie, is somewhat buy those days with his
new baby).

Either way quite amazing feat that should bring LinuxBIOS closer
to desktop.