Re: 2.6.10-mm2: swsusp regression

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Fri Jan 07 2005 - 07:48:10 EST

On Friday, 7 of January 2005 00:48, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!

ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.10/2.6.10-mm2/

> > 2.6.10-mm2
> > of
> > >
> > > can you comment out device_power_{down,up} from
> > > swsusp_{suspend,resume} and see what happens?
> >
> > It works just fine.
>
> Ok, problem is that device_power_{down,up} is right thing, and
> neccessary for many machines to work...

It's OK, as long as I know what to comment out. ;-)

> ..so... could you go through sysdev_register()s, one by one,
> commenting them to see which one causes the regression? That driver
> then needs to be fixed.
>
> Go after mtrr and time in first places.

OK, but it'll take some time.

> Pavel
> PS: Probably drop andrew from reply; he probably gets enough mail
> anyway. I want this one to go to him so that he does not back up the
> patch, through.

OK

Greets,
RJW

--
- Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
- That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.