Re: 2.6.10-mm1: ALSA ac97 compile error with CONFIG_PM=n

From: Mark_H_Johnson
Date: Tue Jan 04 2005 - 15:50:42 EST

>That's not the problem, since function and definition are in the same
>module.
>
>You didn't send your .config, but looking at the code it seems
>CONFIG_PM=n was the culprit.
Yes. CONFIG_PM=N in my .config.

>As a workaround, it should work after enabling the following option:
> Power management options (ACPI, APM)
> Power Management support
Hmm. I don't want to do that for my real time testing. I turned that off
to eliminate a class of possible latencies.

>This is only a workaround, I've Cc'ed the ALSA maintainers for a real
>fix.

How about the attached patch instead (which moves the #ifdef CONFIG_PM
and snd_ac97_suspend after the two functions I am having problems with).
Apparently the use of snd_ac97_restore_status and snd_ac97_restore_iec958
is in ac97_patch.c as well as in the power management code. I have not
run the code yet a quick build didn't find any problems with it. I have
a full build / test coming later today.

--Mark

PS: On the other message you sent related to [add|del]_mtd_partitions
applies with the 2nd hunk failing (that code not present) but the first
hunk makes the build problem I had go away. Thanks.