Re: kconfig: help includes dependency information

From: Ingo Oeser
Date: Mon Jan 03 2005 - 14:29:36 EST

Hi Sam,
hi Roman,

Sam Ravnborg schrieb:
> > Using the verbose config information and linking to their help texts
> > would make it even more user friendly in my opinion.
>
> verbose config option - please explain what you have in mind here.

Example from drivers/char/Kconfig:

SERIAL_NONSTANDARD - the config option
"Non-standard serial port support" - the verbose config option

please present the latter to the user, if not done already.

> > "depends on:" is not really needed, since you usually cannot select any
> > option, where you didn't fulfill the dependencies, AFAICS.
>
> It is sometimes usefull to see what a specific config option is dependent
> of. But you are right that it is not visible in menuconfig (today) when
> "depends on" is not satisfied.

Yes, I've been told later, that you see that in xconfig. I only
use either menuconfig or oldconfig, so I've never seen that before ;-)

Regards

Ingo Oeser