Re: cpu throttling powernow-k8 and acpi in kernel

From: Georg Schild
Date: Mon Jan 03 2005 - 02:01:53 EST

skipped...

Try writing to sensors@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I had a CPU-throttling problem, when the CPU got throttled down without really getting hot - I just had wrongly configured /etc/sensors.conf. Might be your problem too?

Would be happy if it were the sensors but i am not using them, a least not the ones lm-sensors can use. My temperature is shown via ACPI Thermal zone of the processor driver. Afaik ACPI does also regulate the fan-speed so it doesn't work proper without acpi-processor driver as mentionend in the first post. so i don't think that the different sensors in i2c have to do something with it. But thanks for response, good to know that others have similar problems, even if they are not the same ;) Anyone else an idea how to tell acpi that it has perhaps wrong values?. I remember that when i first used this laptop with linux the fan went off after some time but now the fan doesn't go off, at least i don't recognize it. this is just because acpi has too high temps and lets the fan cool down the cpu because of that (at least acpi thinks so ;)). Thanks for every help

Georg Schild