Re: how to solve kernel oops message

From: Adrian von Bidder
Date: Tue Dec 21 2004 - 08:17:48 EST

On Tuesday 21 December 2004 10.13, linux lover wrote:
> Hi all,
> I need urgent help on kernel oops message. Can anybody
[..]

This information is next to useless. At least report
- what did you do that caused the oops message?
- what kernel version, exactly, are you using
- can you reproduce it with other (newer) kernel versions, too?
- can you reproduce it on other machines, too?
- how does your kernel configuration look like?

(btw, your previous message about loading a module makes me wonder if you
understand enough of Linux to understand what people here might propose
that you do to solve the problem. There are are many places where people
who are new to Linux can request help, but the kernel mailing list is
probably not one of those...)

greetings
-- vbi

--
Beware of the FUD - know your enemies. This week
* The Alexis de Toqueville Institue *