Re: Linux kernel IGMP vulnerabilities, PATCH IS BROKEN!

From: David Jacoby
Date: Wed Dec 15 2004 - 07:13:45 EST

Hi Peter!

Well as i said in an earlier mail im using the default 2.4.24 kernel that is shipped
with Slackware. And the patched kernel is an 2.6.9 kernel from kernel.org

I did an "ssh -vvv" against the same host with different kernel versions and here is the result:

user@autopisa:~$ diff ssh_new_kernel.log ssh_old_kernel.log > ssh_diff.log
user@autopisa:~$ cat ssh_diff.log

45,46c45,46
< debug2: dh_gen_key: priv key bits set: 129/256
< debug2: bits set: 510/1024
---
> debug2: dh_gen_key: priv key bits set: 126/256
> debug2: bits set: 512/1024
53c53
< debug2: bits set: 529/1024
---
> debug2: bits set: 512/1024
94c94
< debug3: packet_send2: adding 64 (len 49 padlen 15 extra_pad 64)
---
> debug3: packet_send2: adding 64 (len 57 padlen 7 extra_pad 64)
96,107c96,186
< debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
< Permission denied, please try again.
< debug3: packet_send2: adding 64 (len 49 padlen 15 extra_pad 64)
< debug2: we sent a password packet, wait for reply
< debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
< Permission denied, please try again.
< debug3: packet_send2: adding 64 (len 49 padlen 15 extra_pad 64)
< debug2: we sent a password packet, wait for reply
< debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
< debug2: we did not send a packet, disable method
< debug1: No more authentication methods to try.
< Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).
---
> [...]
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 5 4
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 6 0
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 7 0
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 8 17
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 9 19
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 10 26
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 12 18
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 13 23
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 14 22
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 18 15
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 30 0
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 31 0
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 32 0
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 33 0
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 34 0
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 35 0
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 36 1
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 37 0
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 38 1
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 39 0
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 40 0
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 41 0
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 50 1
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 51 1
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 52 0
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 53 1
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 54 1
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 55 1
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 56 0
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 57 0
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 58 0
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 59 1
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 60 1
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 61 1
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 62 0
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 70 1
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 71 0
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 72 1
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 73 0
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 74 0
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 75 0
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 90 1
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 91 1
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 92 0
> debug3: tty_make_modes: 93 0
> debug2: channel 0: request shell
> debug2: fd 3 setting TCP_NODELAY
> debug2: callback done
> debug2: channel 0: open confirm rwindow 0 rmax 32768
> debug2: channel 0: rcvd adjust 131072
> debug2: channel 0: rcvd eof
> debug2: channel 0: output open -> drain
> debug2: channel 0: obuf empty
> debug2: channel 0: close_write
> debug2: channel 0: output drain -> closed
> debug1: client_input_channel_req: channel 0 rtype exit-status reply 0
> debug2: channel 0: rcvd close
> debug2: channel 0: close_read
> debug2: channel 0: input open -> closed
> debug3: channel 0: will not send data after close
> debug2: channel 0: almost dead
> debug2: channel 0: gc: notify user
> debug2: channel 0: gc: user detached
> debug2: channel 0: send close
> debug2: channel 0: is dead
> debug2: channel 0: garbage collecting
> debug1: channel 0: free: client-session, nchannels 1
> debug3: channel 0: status: The following connections are open:
> #0 client-session (t4 r0 i3/0 o3/0 fd -1/-1)
> debug3: channel 0: close_fds r -1 w -1 e 6
> debug1: fd 2 clearing O_NONBLOCK
> Connection to 192.168.200.1 closed.
> debug1: Transferred: stdin 0, stdout 0, stderr 37 bytes in 1.3 seconds
> debug1: Bytes per second: stdin 0.0, stdout 0.0, stderr 29.0

The patch fucked something up, sorry for my language. Is there anyone else on
this list who has the patch installed?

//David