Re: Linux kernel IGMP vulnerabilities, PATCH IS BROKEN!

From: David Jacoby
Date: Wed Dec 15 2004 - 07:00:13 EST

Marc-Christian Petersen wrote:

On Wednesday 15 December 2004 12:49, David Jacoby wrote:

Anyone else tried to apply this patch? The patch does work but not
properly.
I guess the machie is secure against the DoS attack but after i
installed the patch
i cant use SSH.When i tryed to SSH i didnt get any password prompt.
user@autopsia:~$ ssh user@xxxxxxxxxxx
Permission denied, please try again.
Permission denied, please try again.
Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).
The patch will crash SSH :|

without looking at the patch, I think this isn't the causer of the patch at all.

ciao, Marc

Well it is, i booted on the old kernel and SSH worked perfect and then on the new kernel with the patch i cant SSH, i dont even
get an password prompt. I tried to ssh to more than one host aswell, i also removed the key in .known_hosts but it still doesnt work.

Have you installed the patch?

//David

--
Outpost24 AB