[Announce] Squashfs 2.1 released (compressed filesystem)

From: Phillip Lougher
Date: Fri Dec 10 2004 - 17:07:09 EST

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce the release of Squashfs 2.1. This release introduces indexed directories which considerably speed up directory lookup (ls, find, etc.) for directories which are greater than 8K in size. All directories are now also sorted alphabetically which further speeds up directory lookup.

Many smaller improvements have also been made in this release, and there are, for the first time, the results of some tests of Squashfs lookup and I/O performance against Zisofs, Cloop, and CRAMFS.

For further details please go to the project page http://squashfs.sourceforge.net.

Regards

Phillip Lougher