Re: [ANNOUNCE] udev 048 release

From: Andrew Walrond
Date: Thu Dec 09 2004 - 16:48:35 EST

On Wednesday 08 Dec 2004 19:46, Greg KH wrote:

> Ok, version 048 has been released to fix the build errors for the
> extras/ directory. It's available at
> kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/kernel/hotplug/udev-048.tar.gz

I've built a boot cd with linux-2.6.10-rc3, udev 048 and latest hotplug.

When I boot a machine with my CD, udev doesn't create /dev/hda
I can't fathom why. Any reasons why it wouldn't create it?
It _has_ created /dev/hdc, (the cdrom drive) and all the other usual devices.

/proc/ide shows hda->ide0/hda
/proc/ide/ide0/hda/model = MAXTOR 6L040J2

This is a simple Asus P4PE m/b with intel ICH4 IDE.

( I know I can mknod, but since this is supposed to be a general purpose
boot/toolkit CD, I'd like to make sure udev is working properly)

Any clues? hda currently contains windows server and I'm rather eager to wipe
it ;)

Andrew Walrond