Re: Hard freeze with 2.6.10-rc3 and QoS, worked fine with 2.6.9

From: Jamal Hadi Salim
Date: Tue Dec 07 2004 - 23:43:35 EST

BTW, old kernel in this case implies one that does not support tc
actions at all. So pick something like 2.4.28.
New is whatever 2.6.x with patch.
Old tc is something that for example ships with redhat
new tc is whatever one is patched.

Supplementary tests are: in 2.6.x to compile the policer
in two different ways a) via tc actions and b) using the old scheme
which is understood by "old" tc. Repeat the tests i described earlier
with b) pretending to be "old" kernel.

Infact come to think of it i would also prefer to have the suplementary
tests run as well.
If you guys have no cycles, please pass the patch to me and i will test
on the weekend.

cheers,
jamal