wait_event_interruptible

From: Hendrik Wiese
Date: Tue Dec 07 2004 - 03:20:56 EST

Hello,

I created a kernel thread inside of my driver by calling the function kernel_thread with a function pointer. Now this thread calls daemonize and allow_signal and then it runs a forever loop until it is terminated by the kernel (unloading the driver etc). And because it is written in the documentation I put the thread asleep by calling wait_event_interruptible with a wait queue called "dpn_wq_run" inside the forever loop. Now is it right that a wake_up_interruptible in the ISR has to wake up the thread so it continues its work? If yes... why isn't that working for me? I called wait_event_interruptible with that dpn_wq_run inside the kernel thread and do a wake_up_interruptible inside the ISR with the same dpn_wq_run. But my kernel thread won't wake up. Is there anything else I have to do to the wait queue, but calling init_wait_queue on it?

Thanks a lot

Hendrik