RE: kernel panic after changing processor arch

From: Niel Lambrechts
Date: Mon Dec 06 2004 - 14:05:03 EST

> my first guess would be that the reiserfs module on your
> initrd needs to be recompiled using the PENTIUMM arch.....
>
> --john

No.

I did:
make menuconfig - change from i686 to pentiumm - save settings.
make
make install
mkinitrd -s 1024x768 -k "bzImage.2.6.8-24.5-default" -I "initrd" -m
"reiserfs"
lilo

If I "mount -o loop" the new initrd, modinfo shows the type of
reiserfs.ko to be "PENTIUMM" as I would expect...

I have also tried compiling reiserfs support directly into the kernel
and dropping reiserfs from the -m option, to no avail.

-Niel