Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.10-rc2-mm2-V0.7.32-0

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Mon Dec 06 2004 - 08:18:59 EST

* Esben Nielsen <simlo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Ingo Molnar wrote:
>

> > [...]
> > on low RT load (the common case)
>
> In the system I deal with on my day job, 50% of the CPU load is from
> RT tasks!

i'm not sure what point you are trying to make, but 'low RT load' in
this context means up to a load of 1.0. (i.e. one or less tasks running
on average)

also, this only applies to SMP systems.

thirdly, even if the new balancing code kicks in, the overhead is not
that bad, and it's for a purpose: we rather want an RT task to run on a
free CPU.

Ingo